Saturday, June 19, 2010

Craft Room Finally in Working Order!

I'm not sure how long you've been following my little blog, but, a while ago I was wondering what to do with my craft room. I even posted pictures of what it had become. Picture that with a lot of baby furniture, etc. piled on top of the piles.

Fast forward to now. Hubs was itching for me to begin organizing the space. I had no idea what to do but knew that it wasn't working in it's current condition. I've tried working with the existing storage spaces and it just wasn't panning out. With the purchase of our new living room furniture, we were able to get rid of our futon. Problem with that was I stored all of my yarn under the futon. Now I had even more clutter to organize.

Now, if you know anything about me, you know that organizing things is very stressful for me. I get panicked, can't make a decision, and eventually wind up avoiding the space all together. It's quite sad really. All of the free summer time and nowhere to craft!

Hubs got fed up with it and kicked me out of the space. I wasn't allowed in the room until it was done. Had it not taken all day, I would have listened to him. Problem being, I like being around him. So, I would sneak down from time to time just to sit and talk.

He gave me exactly what I never knew I needed. An organized room with tons of storage! He put the room together yesterday and spent the better part of the morning helping me organize. Here is my new space:


Books, magazines, patterns, ball winder, swift, and DVD player.


Small craft projects go in this cabinet.
There are big plans for the (ick) brown doors.
That will be saved for a later post.


All of my yarn is stored on the left shelving unit.
On the right, my fabric.


My fabulous sewing cabinet.
Lots of hidden surprises in this cabinet.
I'm saving that for another post as well.


Here is the person responsible for my wonderful space!
He really is the love of my life.
Thank you honey bunny!!!

2 comments:

Terry said...

I'm anxious to see it tomorrow! I'll probably need to bring a project to work on this next week...hm-m-m, which one shall it be?

PS: Dan is ever so clever! He gave himself a Father's Day gift...family room back in order!

Ludwig's Drivers said...

I'm having a hard time orienting myself in this room. Where is the door? Oh, or could you post a very short video???? Did he paint it too?