Sunday, May 04, 2008

Wing Ding

I have not been in the mood to work on my knitting projects and felt that I needed to use up some of the fabric that I had sitting around. My mom purchased oodles of fat quarters for me a couple of birthdays ago. When I combine that with the fat quarters and assorted fabrics I have been buying with my quilting buddy (curse you quilting buddy for feeding my addiction) I had enough to make a lap quilt.

I'm telling myself I will be using it when I am sitting in the cold, knitting all of the projects I have been neglecting.

I selected the 'Wing Ding' pattern from the May/June 2008 issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine. I opted to leave off the outermost border since the fabrics I chose are busier that the ones in the magazine. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. All I have left to do is purchase batting and backing fabric and slap it together. Yee-haw!


No comments: