Monday, April 21, 2008

Poor Little Porter

I took Porter to a different vet today. His limp is still there, his knee is swollen, and now he has a 'lump' by his hip. He does have arthritis but the doctor is sure it's a torn ligament in his back right knee (I don't know how to spell which ligament, so I'll leave it at that). He hasn't gained the lost weight back. The doctor will be performing the surgery on Thursday. He'll take another x-ray to see what changes have occurred in the knee and to rule out (hopefully) bone cancer. He says he'd be a fool not to check for it and rule it out just to be safe. Since I went to high school with him, he is also being helpful with the repayment as we just got over paying the ENORMOUS vet bill last month. Needless to say, this will be less expensive (surprised, but not complaining) and I am VERY happy with the new vet. He gave me so much more information, answered all of my questions, and NOT ONCE did he say there was nothing more he could do. I'm happy that we are getting somewhere, sad that Porter's put up with this for two months, and relieved that things aren't up in the air anymore.

I'll let you know what we find.

No comments: