Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What a crafty week! Today, a blanket.

When I was still pregnant, I got a good deal on some fabric at one of the big box fabric stores. It's the super soft bumpy stuff that baby blankets are made of. I just can't seem to remember the name of it. Anyhoo, I got a yard of mint green and a yard of brown.

They have been sitting in my craft room for MONTHS. It was getting a bit sad, so, the other day I decided to do something about it. I wasn't into cutting a bunch of squares, etc. so I took the yard and squared it up. Then I pretended I was quilting and put straight stitches every 5 inches or so in both directions. I had a package of satin bia ribbon that I slapped around the edges with two rows of zig-zag stitches. It's pretty simple, but, VERY soft. The little guy loves it.

I'm apologizing about the quality of the pictures, I'm feeling a bit lazy when it comes to digging out the good camera. I'm just happy that I remember how to post!

full size (I put my foot in the picture for scale)

close up

being put to good use (and yes, his shirt speaks the truth!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like "minky"

Lisa said...

OOOh! I think it is 'minky' now that you mention it. So glad someone remembered. I was going bananas trying to recall the name. Thank you so much!