Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Furniture

Not long ago hubs and I decided we needed to buy furniture ourselves. Granted, we LOVE the sofa mom and dad gave us, however, it was time to make a change.

We liked the color of my parents sofa (same as my sister's) but didn't want ultra suede. Instead, we went with the microfiber option. Hubby wanted something that was a bit raised off of the floor. I was ok with it. My only requirement was that it was a somewhat classical shape with cushions that could be removed.

After what seemed like endless searching in town, we took a short drive to Omaha and found a brand that we could 'design' ourselves. Basically, we were able to pick and choose the features we wanted in a sofa, including the color.

Here is what we came up with:


Hubby decided we needed a chair to go with the new sofa. Do you know who's chair it's become? Bonkers! It is her new sleeping spot. Not to worry, she still sleeps with us at night, this is her daytime sleeping spot.


The more we sit in the furniture and smash down the cushions, the more I like how it looks and feels. I think we're not used to new squishy cushions.

Don't worry mom and dad, we still love to received furniture items from your house! Don't let our sofa purchase stop you from decluttering. Especially since you got that new camper!!!

No comments: