Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Little Something

I know how to do things besides knit. I was wrapping presents this evening and decided I needed to get started on my gifts for co-workers. A couple of years ago I purchased a bag of blank spools for $1.50. I had the jute , greenery, and paint in my craft room. The greenery was off of a mini (3 foot) tree I purchased on clearance 5 years ago. It's been snipped on for a variety of past gifts. I love it.

I thought the spools would make a nice stove pipe hat. I used the end of a fancy toothpick to paint the mouth, eyes, nose, & holly on the hats. I double knotted the jute and twisted the greenery on top for added stability.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
A poorly photographed close up. I just wanted you to see the 'rustic' paint job I did. Definitely not an 'I need to get this to look perfect' type of ornament.

I hope they like them. Now I'm off to work on some wooden lights I purchased at a garage sale. I'm still not sure what I want to turn them into.

No comments: