Sunday, May 06, 2007

The cute one is 5!

I don't know how it happened, but we now have a 5 year old. I take that back, I actually DO know how it happened, I even know where the time went. I just don't know what made the time move so quickly.

Hubby and I officially survived a birthday party with eight 4/5 year olds and four moms. I was stewing due to the tremendous rain we have had. The party was planned three weeks ago. I was hoping to have it outside. Needless to say, I was fretting when I woke at 2am to the sound of thunderous rain. Not happy.

God must have been smiling on us as the rain stopped and the temp. shot to 80+ degrees. The deck was dry enough to have cake outside (my new carpet thanks you God). The yard was dry enough to have the pinata outside (again, carpet says thanks). Mom was not smart enough to have soft items in the pinata. Got that parents, SOFT toys. Not smooth, not little, soft. Apparently, if you have toys such as gold coins, itty bitty telescopes, and miniature gel pens the intense whacking of the stick on the pinata may cause slight breakage.

I thought I was sooooo smart by not packing candy. Instead, I packed shards of broken shiny plastic. Nice going mom. The kids had a great time with that one.

Official score:
Mom = 0
Butt-kickin' pinata = 1



Lesson learned:
Dad plans next year's party.

No comments: