Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Arggggg, I have been forced to diet.

First, I'd like to start by saying I love my new carpet. I also love my new patio furniture (pics to come another day). However, with the recent purchases, I have been forced to go on a yarn diet.

Granted, I have two new skeins of yarn and two new balls of yarn I haven't put on needles. Yes, I still touch them, smell them, and rub them on my non-oily skin (very anal about grossing up the yarn before it has been knit into something). I also have some new cascade yarn that I have in mid-production. It's not like I don' t have gorgeous things to choose from here at home. I am just having issues.

I just love yarn. I don't think you realize the level of my problem. I love pretty yarn, I love soft yarn, I love new types of yarn. I can't pass up a good deal either. Heck, I can't pass up a bad deal. I just love looking at yarn. It's like buying yarn books and reading them. Not to find a pattern mind you, just to read them because you are so jazzed about knitting.

I am the same way with yarn. If I have a project in mind, I will buy yarn for it. If I don't have a project in mind, I will buy a hank or two because you can always add it to something else or make a little project with it. My sister called me a couple of months ago to tell me about a gigantic supply of rowan summer tweed she found at a thrift store. I couldn't pass it up (sight unseen mind you). I had her buy 17 hanks of a charcoal color and 2 of a pink color (pics and names to come). Why would I do that you ask? It was $3.50 a hank! Did you hear that?!?! You just can't pass that up. It's like I'm making money.

Maybe I shouldn't be sad. Wait, hubby just said that goes for needles and patterns too. Dang! He knows me too well.

1 comment:

Ohjeeze said...

I've been on the "Knit From Your Stash" diet. But I did use my get out of jail free card already. Thanks for visiting my site.