Monday, May 29, 2006

Work in progress

I have made a decision. I am working on decreasing my stash. I know, everyone says that but I mean it (sort of). After a fevered online search, I recently purchased Debbie Bliss's Cotton Angora. I immediately fell in love with all of the patterns. One problem, I'm not the same size as the patterns (actually, no where near). Seeing this as a challenge, I came up with several solutions:

  1. Lose a TON of weight so I can make myself something.
  2. Use my "limited" math skills and re-adjust the sizing on her patterns to fit my curves.
  3. Knit things for my friends.

I decided on option three. I have carted around a rather large ball of baby blue yarn for YEARS and decided I could use the space for higher quality, more deserving, yarn stash yarn.

This takes me to problem two. I have many friends who have lots of children. I fell in love with the Poppy pattern and decided it was easy enough, small enough, and that large blue ball of yarn was perfect for it. This is where the problem comes into play. Almost ALL of my friends have boys. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with boys (I have one of my own) it's just they don't enjoy wearing girl clothes.

After evenings of leafing through my newest book purchase, I decided I needed to create option #4: Knit things for my one friend who has a girl, but re-size the pattern to fit her.

I truly believe I have bitten off more than I can chew but I'll leave you with this though...It probably won't fit her anyway!

I promise pictures when I'm done, I just don't feel like breaking out the camera and spreading all of the pieces out on the floor. Sorry, I reserve the right to keep you in suspense.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That baby/kid pattern is aweful cute. I'll be in suspense until I see photos!!!

Lisa said...

I have one sleeve and then the ribbing to do. I was surprised how fast it knit up.

Kid stuff + easy pattern = quick results = :) me

Melissa said...

Show photos already, would ya?